One of the best project

Best project

Aren't the measurements in figure A wrong? Is the 2 3/4 inch base on top supposed to be 3 1/2 inches off the wall?

How to determine the angle for installing crown molding with a cathedral ceiling. At the center of the room and at the corners, also a slight gap at the ceiling edge. Is ther an illustration available?

October 12, 8:25 PM [GMT -5]

Ok, so I have attempted a single piece Crown Molding and it looks terrible because my walls are not straight. What I mean by not straight is if you hold a straight edge against the wall, there are gaps all along the straight edge as the wall waves back and forth.

Question 1 is would this method assist me in covering up the wavy walls, as in places I have 1/2 inch or more of gap. If not how do I fix this mess? It is to large of gaps for calking.

Question 2 is to csnail, where would one find this foam molding?

Really looking for help on this one as it is a huge problem.

Thanks ahead of time.

May 22, 9:44 AM [GMT -5]

A three-piece molding is a bear of a project. Not even an option for me, difficulty wise. After reading the article I searched around on the net and found that they make foam crown molding with (drum roll please) corners! Skeptical but tried it out on a bathroom. Fabulous! I can tell you this if I would have attempted wood it couldn't have possibly looked as good as this foam molding. Ok so the guys at the online company were gracious enough to do some of short complicated cuts for me but I am all about the results. I can tell you this, in about the time it takes me to drive to Home Depot and back I had that foam stuff up and done!