May 02, 3:19 AM [GMT -5]

Conventional epoxy repair materials fracture under the stress of constant movement. Most epoxy repair compounds lack the flexural strength required.

May 02, 3:17 AM [GMT -5]

Epoxy Adhesive are triple distilled to provide the highest industrial strength and resistance properties with consistent performance for every assembly applications.

hoz

I've used epoxy to repair rotted wood for years. Don't purchase the formulated brands. It's less expensive and you have more control using regular two part epoxy resin. It is sold to build wooden boats and canoes, among other things. I purchase from http://www.uscomposites.com/, but there are many different suppliers.

Use the epoxy mixed "neat" with a little added denatured alcohol as the "consolident". Just flood the mixture into the rotted area after clearing the loose wood away. A similar formulation has been sold for years as "GIT-ROT."

Once that solidifies mix epoxy and add filler to make your putty. I like a mixture of fine sawdust and colodial silica (cabosil or fumed silica). But just about any dry powder will work, from unscented talc to regular wheat flour!

I always keep a quart of epoxy resin around for repairs.

March 09, 4:02 AM [GMT -5]

I have heard of a few of the high power guys talk about this brand, but never seen it myself. From the intel I viewed on West System's website, it looks a little more complicated than a simple 1 to 1 mix.

I have used automotive epoxy in the past and it has worked like a charm. Drying time is a bit longer, but the end result is harder and permanent.

Epoxy worked fine to fill a large crack in a window frame but wouldn't hold well on a badly damaged window sash. What would you suggest.
Elvie

October 26, 9:14 AM [GMT -5]

Epoxy is the perfect material to make permanent repairs of rotting window sills, door jambs and exterior molding that are difficult to remove and expensive to replace. <

can the epoxy method be used on rotted window sills?

Thanks

Very good article. After reading it and realizing how easy it is I am getting ready to hit the hardware store and complete my own project. Thanks, Giuseppe Lombardo