your instructions say "making sure that the drain pipe is at the correct height". Now the reason i am looking for help is to find out what the correct height is so your instructions provided me with nothing i didn't already know. how do you establish the correct height for the drain coming out of the wall?

I am an absolute novice when it comes to this intimidating stuff. (computers are more my thing) Now my old sink in the bathroom was a wall hung type (no idea what they call them except ancient) The two supply lines are solid pipes and the shut offs are worn out. I guess my main concern is the floor drain. Should I go through the ordeal of re-plumbing the drain even though I could care less about it being visible? and also (sorry for the long post) is it just more easier to buy new supply lines than try to sync up with the old one? any insight would be greatly appreciated. (wife is tapping foot and I am trying to stall the install)

March 01, 11:58 AM [GMT -5]

@WoodPellery ,you are the only one doing this correctly.
Anyone who thinks installing a pedestal sink with the plumbing coming through the wall isn't knowledgeable enough to help you.

Not yet completed. Not helpful. This assumes that all plumbing is through-wall. I am installing with plumbing up through the floor. I guess I'll have to figure out for myselg how to properly do the drain plumbing this way.

August 17, 12:08 AM [GMT -5]

I often use clear silicone in lieu of plumber's putty. I also use lag screws for the wall mount, with rubber tank-to-bowl washers between the sink and the fender washers. I also use 1 1/2" traps if the existing drainpipe is 1 1/2". It just gives a bit better flow and the price difference is negligible. I have done many pedestals this way. Your instructions are very good, as are your pics.

June 21, 10:30 AM [GMT -5]

Very useful Project !!

June 21, 9:58 AM [GMT -5]

Nice Project !!

June 03, 12:00 AM [GMT -5]

Great directions.

April 27, 7:49 AM [GMT -5]

I always wondered how to do this. Thanks!

April 27, 7:48 AM [GMT -5]

cool looking sink. my bathroom needs an overhaul and this would look great.