I did install a six block pre-assembled window,I as well installed ( flush with the outside of basement) wall block. But just to add a couple of ideas I needed 3/8ths of an inch under the window so I used 2 pieces of 3/8 plastic tubing and then put mortor down, then I set the block window on the plastic tubing and mortor after the mortor started to set up I pulled the plastic tubing out . I also used a tuckpointers bag (this is like a large cake decorator bag) You mix the mortor a little thinner and squirt the it in along the sides, let it set up a little, then I used a piece of 1/2 in copper tubing to rake the joints, I then squirted the top and let it set, finished it off with the copper tubing,and, and behold,the job looked like a Pro did it.

August 19, 6:42 AM [GMT -5]

This is a good step by step guide. There have been advances made in the fabrication of glass block windows since this article was written - they can now also be put together with silicone or a system called vinyl stack. The vinyl stack system is actually stronger than the mortar system - but many people are not aware of it. I will include a link which provides more information about these systems - hope it is helpful - http://innovatebuildingsolutions.com/products/glass-block/basement-bathroom-windows

August 19, 6:42 AM [GMT -5]

Reading this just made me real excited for it to warm up and change all of our basement windows!! Thanks for the great instructions, I feel much more confident now.

October 31, 9:36 PM [GMT -5]

These are the most complete and detailed instructions for doing this work.. It made us feel comfortable with taking this project on and increased our confidence as we finished this project .

October 18, 6:25 PM [GMT -5]

This was the best online instruction re: this project! I had hollow block at the base of my new window. I dropped all the old mortar from removing the old window frame into the holes then packed a little wadded up newspaper to prevent the mortar from falling into the block cavities. I also made the window flush with the outside, no sense leaving a sill for debris to accumulate.