June 05, 11:27 AM [GMT -5]

Looking at the 2x2 method, how do you cut the channel for the electrical conduit into the foam consistently and quickly?

I'm finishing baasement after Irene, I need help in choosing the corrrect methods
1. Im using metal studs good or not
2. i want to insulate using rigid insulation, should i also use 6mil vopor barrier on foundation wall (block).
3. I want to put reslient snap fit floor planks (looks like wood but made of rubber) but afraid of trapped moisture causing mold.
NEED YOUR HELP ASAP, BEGINING FRAMING IN TWO DAYS.

THANKS

January 21, 11:52 AM [GMT -5]

Check out InsoFast.com, you might consider rethinking 2x4 framing!

Any thoughts to metal studs instead of pressure treated wood?

I have recently had drain tiles & sump pumps installed in my unfinished basement. If I attempt this method to partition off & finish a room, how do I need to modify the step-by-step instructions due to the 1/2 of the black drain tile that's against the base of my block walls?

If you read the article it tells you that the 3/4 roofing insulation acts as a Vapor Barrier... My Basement has Cement Block Walls.. I used UGH cement block paint which will seep into the pours of the cement or cinder blocks. this blocks out all water from getting in...I emptied my basement.. powerwashed the cement block walls (put plastic on floor joists).. let DRY then used TSP (tri sodium phosphate) cleaner.. Powerwashed it again... LET it DRY...! I powerwashed a 3rd time but as the walls dried I used the UGH paint so It seeped in ALL the cracks and joints.. I let that DRY.. I Did another coat of the UGH... I even use a grinder on any cracks and filled them before I used the UGH paint... My basement used to be a mold ridden useless space.. Now??? NO more water.. and NO more mold... It's been 5 years! I did use 2X2's to save space and yes using metal boxes and metal pipes to run wire does take longer but better safe then sorry...I didn't puit carpet down I just used cement stain... Cheap to do and easy to clean...

Where I live, you're required to put a vapor barrier on the exterior wall prior to installing the drywall (not included in the photo). Also, when doing basements it's a good idea to add a gasket under your bottom plate, even though it's pressure treated and use mold resistant drywall (blue)

March 11, 10:19 AM [GMT -5]

In the 2x2 method the instructions say to "Nail or screw a 2x2 to the bottom of the floor joists at the top of the wall." However, in their picture there is a clear gap between the top "plate" and the bottom of the floor joists. Did they use another method?

June 13, 11:33 AM [GMT -5]

I'm seriously thinking of doing this in order to make my basement more hospitable but don't I need to put up a sheet of vapor barrier first? Please let me know ASAP!