never put water on your battery - think - water and electric do not mix !!!!

1. are those green and red felt circles of any value in stopping corrosion?

2. you need to remind foks that when the battery is disconnected the clock and radio fucntions will need to be reset----and on the Honda Accord you will have to dig out the secret code for your radio and hassle with typing it in to get the radio to work to overcome a complicated and foolish security system....duh!

1. are those green and red felt circles of any value in stopping corrosion?

I've done these before, a few just recently when my lady friend was stranded at a Drs.' office w our teenage grandson. Haven't used, or seen, a hydrometer in a while. Note in the photos that the cable connectors are not the cheaper lead type, on the top post battery. How exactly could I use my multitester (voltmeter) to check the condition?

Pour hot water on the top of the battery to clean corrosion,
rinse with cold water.

Pour hot water on the battery to clean the corrosion,
rinse with cold water.

I did not think I could learn anything from this common chore, but the information on the hydrometer was new to me.