Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
You'll also need disposable coveralls, a clamp-on light, work gloves and a cap.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Unfaced fiberglass insulation
- 13-gallon plastic garbage bags
- Reflective foil insulation
- Acrylic latex caulk
- High temperature silicone caulk
- 14-in. wide aluminum flashing
- Expanding spray foam insulation (use the type rated as fireblock)
- Foam weatherstrip
- CO2 detectors