Thank you for the tips but it didn't help me a bit...i have a twin tub manual washing machine with a modyl brand...when I fill in water it comes out at the same without even on the drain mode..well thanks again!!

May 05, 11:53 AM [GMT -5]

I want to thank you so very much for the DIY tips that you have on here. I was almost ready to call the repairman because the floor was flooding at all times meaning it had to be an intake hose, but there were no leaks anywhere. It ended up being a hole in a hose I previously repaired from rubbing when the load was uneven (two boys and two teenage girls help with the laundry, got a fix for that?). Thank you again!

I have a Whirlpool top loader and have had a small amount of leaking only when I start my laundry for the week. I was able to open my machine and found out that it is leaking from under the tub. But the strange thing is, it is only leaking when I run hot water. this makes sense since it's always my first load I run with hot water each week.

It looks like both the hot and cold water come into the same location in the top back of the machine. So, what would make it leak only with hot water?

My daughter installed her washing machine at the house she recently moved into. When she tried to do a large load the water would drain out of the tub before the agitator could even get started. As we puzzled over the problem, I remembered having the same issue with one of my newly installed washing machines. The problem was that the drain hose was installed too low and was creating a vacuum which drew all the water out of the tub before the wash cycle could begin. My daughter installed a length of PVC into the drain that brought the hose higher than the outtake on the machine. No more water on the floor.

November 25, 10:52 AM [GMT -5]

Thanks for the assistance. I had a leak in the pump hose and was able to fix it, thanks for the detailed instructions and pictures! Truly a help during the holiday season.

I have a a problem with my washer. It has a bad odor that I can"t get rid of. This is not a high efficiency machine, just a regular top load. I have tried the Tide cleaner for this and it didn"t help. I even tried vinegar and baking soda at one cup each to a large water level through two complete washes and that didn"t help. I measure the amount of detergent I use for each load to keep from using too much and causing soap residue problems. What else can I do? Thanks for any suggestions.

I liked the article, but it did not help me with my problem. A friend has a used Kenmore above/below washer that was leaking. I checked the hoses and they are good, but I am not sure which way to reconnect the hoses. The pump is an older model and looks like "an enclosed water wheel" attached to the side of the pump. One hose attaches to the center of this wheel and sticks out "like an axxile, the other hose connects to the "rim." But which is which?