ice maker is over filling, why?

My ice maker does not fill with water. It hasn't worked for about 4 months. I have replaced the refridgerator filter. The front ice water dispenser works fine. If that works OK is it safe to assume the water filling the ice maker should be working? How can I determine if there is a problem with the water flow before spending $100.00+ for a new ice maker?
Thanks

April 03, 8:59 AM [GMT -5]

My LG icemaker has a Reset switch. Based on my experience, if the icemaker stops working, try resetting with that switch, and also disconnect/reconnect and spray contact cleaner on the electrical connector. Both are worth trying before replacing the whole unit at $100 +/- .

cio

i would like to permanently remove my ice maker, but what do I do with the exposed electrical?

cio

Can I permanently leave the icemaker out of my freezer? If so what do I do with the exposed electrical?

Very clear instructions, thank you!

January 04, 1:47 AM [GMT -5]

Very clear instructions.

If you have had your main water valve shut off recently to make repairs or add some plumbing, check to see that the tubing leading to your ice maker is filled with water. If you shut off the main and the icemaker cycles, the water will drain from the refrigerator and it will take 8-10 days for it to refill. Always shut off the little valve where the tubing is attached to the water pipe before shutting off the main valve.

October 25, 12:22 AM [GMT -5]

my problem is the tube that brings the water to the icemaker might lea cause it frezzies up and will block the water

iIs there any way to adjust the water level in the ice maker?

Great tip, thanks!