February 20, 8:50 AM [GMT -5]

Hello

I have a Whirpool dishwasher and the dial will not turn, I have to use a plyers to turn the dial. What is causing this to happen...the unit is only 3 years old.

Please advise,
Thanks
Anne

Hello

The Water Connection for my Portable General Electric Dishwasher has suddenly started to spew water out and over the push down click to connect at the water supply fitting.

Connection is very loose against nub on sink. All was working well for past 3 years, not sure what we lost.

I was wondering if there is some kind of O Ring that was lost in action????

December 07, 10:29 AM [GMT -5]

Thanks for the help. I'm glad you know how to solve the problem but I don't think I can fix it. It looks really technical. I may have to call someone who knows how to fix general appliances in Cincinnati OH or I'm stuck doing dishes by hand for the rest of my life. I'm getting pretty good at it though, so it's alright I guess.

The upper arm of my dishwasher came off. How can I replace it?

August 31, 3:19 PM [GMT -5]

our dishwasher quit running and draining mid wash cycle. during the time we were checking your solutions (which were good advice) we found a different fix. pull off bottom panel and make sure all wires directly behind panel at top.are hooked up. our wirenut broke and one wire was not touching we retwisted and put on new wirenut. everything worked again

Maintaining a clean dishwasher can often be a chore, and be very stressful if you find out that a part has been broken. Fortunately at https://www.topapplianceparts.com/ we offer many of the cleaning products and parts needed to maintain your dishwashers. We carry parts and products from many of the industry's leading manufacturers for extremely cheap prices. So the next time you need to do some clean up or find out you need a part to an appliance, and want Top Quality at the Best Price visit https://www.topapplianceparts.com/

We have a old GE Potscrubber and the only sprayarm it had did not turn and spray. Other repair sites advised it was the water intake valve. I replaced that for 32 dollars but still had the problem. Searching the internet, I found out that some motor pumps have a diverter valve that drains AND fills the machine.

Sure enough, a solenoid valve easily seen from the floor and attached to the pump was rusty and had a sticking plunger which could not raise and lower properly. I rapped the solenoid housing a few times with a wrench and it was freed.

Corrosion had caused the plunger to freeze up and not drain or fill the washer. I scrapped off the plunger the best I could with a screwdriver and then sprayed with WD-40. The thing moves freely now and the machine is fixed with NO expense. If the problem persists I will buy a new plunger (not the kit which is 50 bucks) OR better yet, I can remove the plunger from the solenoid and clean it up outside the machine. Wow.

There is a lot of water left in the dishwasher after its cycle is complete. It covers the whole bottom of the tub. The dishwasher is clean and in good repair. It probably sat for about a year and not used. I checked the float valve and it seems to be okay. It does drain during the cycle. We tried turning the power off for a time and then back on. I don't know what to try next. Can you help?

3.b was my issues. I opened the Dishwasher's underneath engine which was covered with a protected shelter (rubber like), and turned the fan wings toward left and right, and tit start moving again. It was stuck.

Thank you, Family Handyman!!!

Thanks for the tip on how to remove the spray arm. Made cleaning it out possible.

Now, my tip is to make sure your kids don't put sunflower shells in the dishwasher.

June 05, 6:42 AM [GMT -5]

To BA2112, sounds exactly like a lunchbox / tupperware lid seal to me.

Hello,
Today my wife found a large blue rubber gasket-like thing loose inside of our dishwasher. It's a flexible rubber band tubular in shape, not flat like a rubberband.
It's about 10 inches in diameter. I assume it's a gasket that came off somewhere.
It's too small to be the gasket around the door and I haven't been able to find any diagrams on the internet. It's a kenmore dishwasher over 7yrs. old. Does anyone know what this can be and where it came from?
Thanks.

May 26, 12:04 AM [GMT -5]

the secondary time detergant release lid will not open and dispense the detergant. how do i repair it

There was one more step, which in my case was the solution to the dishes not getting clean. There was low pressure coming out of the bottom sprayer, and the top was not spraying at all. There was a grate to be removed in the bottom of the washer. Under that grate was the grinder. In front of the grinder was a large accumulation of stuff that could not be ground; popcorn kernels, coffee beans, aluminum foil, pepper corns, and pieces of bone. That was enough to slow the flow of water back into the pump, reducing the pressure and casing the water not to flow high or strong enough to wash the dishes. It works great now. thanks, Kuskofish